Are you thinking of starting your living as a DJ? It’s an amazing career choice, if you’re a music lover. Most of us are extremely passionate about music these days, and when you’re passion become your profession, that’s the best thing. I’ve been in this industry from the last 15 years & actually sharpened down on my skills in this time. According to my audience, my sets are flawless and are loved by masses as well as classes. I am confident because I know I am good at what I do.
I made a lot of mistakes and have seen ups & downs throughout my journey. Initially when people would look at DJ for Hire at Melbourne, I was the last person approached. After a series of rejections and disappointments, a great opportunity by a friend of mine completely changed my life. All’s well that ends well.
If you’re looking forward to a head start, then hard work and perseverance are the only two things that will take you through. Remember the famous saying ‘A diamond is just a piece of carbon that is better good under pressure.’ So, if you ever look at seeing yourself in the list of top ten
, you got to remember that constantly revamping your skill sets is the only key to being in this profession.
There are a few general tips that are required for a beginner to become a successful DJ. These are as follows;
1. Pick a scene or genre in which you are best.
2. Always be aware of the changing technology and progression in your field.
3. Education is your big asset. Always educate yourself with the latest music and stay aware about the current trends.
4. Always remember ‘what is seen is sold’. Marketing is the key to attain name and hence success.
5. Don’t be just a DJ. Enhance your skills as composer, writer and producer.
6. Don’t be lazy in your tasks and there is no alternative to hard work.
7. Grace, kindness and sincerity attracts people towards your work.
8. Be creative, be unique and be realistic!!!!
‘‘Even diamond starts out as coal’. So, don’t be afraid of hard work and be the best in what you are. May success kiss your feet and happiness prevail on you like clouds and love embraces your life!